Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Potluck Brownies

It's 3:30, we are going to 4:00 Mass, they are blessing the Catechists. I'm teaching Little Lambs this year....it's the little kids that go downstairs for age appropriate readings and activities during the readings, gospel and homily. I figure my kids are holy terrors, so I'd be a teacher and have to deal with them myself.

Anyway, I am sewing, Michael comes home and says, what happened to the brownies....I come flying down the stairs and see that my darling daughter, who was angry that I wouldn't let her eat the brownies...poked holes in them with a wooden spoon, as they were cooling. There was no time to do anything about it, so I packaged them up and took them. Holey brownies or holy brownies...they were going to a church function, after all.

Everyone laughed about them, said they were delicious and they were all eaten. She was all smiles..however, I told her if she did it again she was in HUGE trouble.

3 comments:

Allie said...

That is too, too funny! :) Such quick thinking! allie

New England Quilter said...

It sounds like you are going to have to stock Hershey kisses in case she strikes again! You could place a kiss in each hole :) You are too funny - holy brownies!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/

Momma J said...

Too funny!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com