Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friends

I consider myself to be somewhat of a hermit...I am very outgoing and social when I want to be, but when I'm home, I don't like to be bothered. I'm not one for calling friends to get together to do this or that, if there is something I want to do, I will go and do it by myself and have a great time. I even say I really don't have a lot of friends.

That changed the other night. I was on Facebook and sleep deprived (always entertaining) and making silly, inane comments on people's walls. Some of these people are fellow etsy sellers I've never ever met. Some were passing acquaintances, some were friends, but most of them I have not seen in at least a year or more. However, we were all silly and having a good time and laughing at the same things. It made me realize what friends really are. They aren't the people who live nearby, the ones you see in your day to day life. They don't need to be called or seen face to face. They are the ones that you may not see for years and years and years, or, in the case of my etsy friends, people I have never met. But, they are there when you need them, they appreciate your unique qualities and most of all, have fun and lots of laughs when you get together, whether in real life or on line.

I didn't realize it, but I have lots and lots and lots of friends, and even more importantly, I realized I am a friend to lots and lots and lots of other people.

So, to my friends...whether near or far, on line or in real life...thank you.

9 comments:

New England Quilter said...

You make me smile just about everyday! I love your stories and sense of humor!
Your Fabulous Friend,
Amy

Andrea Baker said...

I so could have written the same post on my blog! I think this is how so many of us feel.

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Here here! Completely agree! It's wild when I talk about my computer friends to my husband and my local friends.

Love having fabulous friends!

Pink Quartz Minerals said...

Thanks for posting this, ditto!

Your Friend,
Doree

Michele said...

You are all just reinforcing what I wrote. Thanks, truly.

Ladybuggz said...

I have a lot more friends on etsy than in my everyday life. I don't need a car to see you. :o)

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

so true. I'm the same way and sometimes I forget about what good friends I do have scattered all over.
Sounds like a fun night.

Carrie said...

How true Michele! I have found myself doing exactly what you wrote about.

Momma J said...

I am so like you it's crazy - we've talked about that before. I have very, very few "friends" in person, but I have many online friends, and I consider you one of those. Thanks for this posting!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
http://crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com/