Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Okay, so it's October. Where did September go? After Labor Day, I was going to be updating my blog daily, with pictures. (great idea on paper....) so, school is going well for the kids, I walk 19 miles a week, they each walk 9.5.

My son has already had his first bout of asthma/persistent croup. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I was able to keep on top of it and avoid an ER visit and hospital admission.

We entered things in the Deerfield Fair. I got a blue ribbon for a bag and a quilt, and a blue ribbon for a loaf of white bread. The kids got third place for their gourds (it was a wet summer) Griffin got a blue for his drawing and Sarah got a red. They both got first prize for their painted pumpkins.

We ripped out the stinky living room rug, sanded the plywood subfloor, painted the walls and ceiling a rich dark brown, the trim a cream color and the floor somewhere between the two, and got an area rug. Living room looks much more clean, less cluttered...and best of all..NO MORE STINKY, STAINED RUG.

So, I guess I have been busy, so neglecting my blog doesn't seem so bad. I'll try to keep up more often.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those who blog too often probably aren't gettin' anything else done!
Yay, you've joined the carpet free society! We have an area rug in the living room and wood floors throughout...of course, if ANYTHING gets spilled -- well -- it's on the RUG!!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Wow, you have been busy!

Momma J said...

Just a little busy there!