Sunday, September 23, 2007

Where did the Weekend go?

Okay, so yesterday my husband takes the kids to my parents while he cuts wood. I had all day to sew. I made 3 beer quilts-pink kitties, dog bones and skull prints, 2 fabric gift bags, a wine bag and, the best part? I sewed the lining of a small handbag in wrong, not once but twice! Trying a new style and winging it isn't working. I left it for a few days. Today, we did church, I cleaned the cellar--chimney sweep is coming on Tuesday and he can't get to the woodstove and chimney, so how can he clean it? I ran some errands and made Chicken Pot Pie from scratch...even the crust and Apple Crisp from scratch. However, I forgot to take the Cool Whip out of the freezer, so I had to run out for whipped cream in a can (not my favorite).

Now it's after 8:00 on a Sunday night...house isn't exactly clean, laundry isn't all folded and put away.....where did the time go? I still have a few things to finish up to take the Deerfield Fair on Tuesday...judging is Wednesday and we go to see our stuff on Saturday. Each kid painted a face on a pumpkin and drew a picture. I am entering a quilted bag, a lap quilt, a small quilt and quilted tote. Hopefully I will do well.....and I'll at least get some helpful pointers. I love the fair..it means it's fall.

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

are you kidding me? I'm soooo impressed you got done all that you did - you're miles ahead of me! :)