Sunday, September 16, 2007

My arms are soooooooo tired



Yesterday was my first day of solo chainsaw work. My husband decided I was proficient enough to go solo, without him standing next to me, guiding and supervising. This oak tree was really big. I worked on cutting off the leafy part of the branches, then cutting the limbs to size. I could only cut for about 15 minutes at a time, my arms would get tired and I'd have to stop and lug brush for a bit. My left bicep is very sore today, but it is loosening up. I hope to be able to cut longer next week and not be as sore the next day. Looking forward to keeping toasty warm this winter with the wood we cut.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks like lots of fun!

w said...

wow. that's awesome.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Cutting wood is SUCH hard work - you definitely got your exercise in for the day! and those long winter nights will be so much warmer - LOL

Felicia said...

Way to go tough lady!

Ellen said...

wow, not just an electric screwdriver or something but a chainsaw! that's hott :-P good job.

Unknown said...

hahah you look so cute girl!
GIRL POWER!
Great pics Michelle

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Way to go...Pandy...I want one too...lol...but I do like my legs attached to my body!! I love getting the wood in for the winter...so nice to have on those cold nights!