Sunday, September 13, 2009

Remember Me?

What a summer! Aside from the fact that it rained all of June and most of July...I had my foot surgery and it went well. However, the pain meds screwed up my sleep schedule and even with satellite, there really isn't too much on in the wee hours of the morning. I realized the cheezy movie "Staying Alive" has actually gotten cheezier in the decades since it's original release.

My children really stepped up and took care of themselves and me. They made me breakfast every morning and brought it to me on the couch. However, they'd pour my cereal, pour on the milk and then pour their own and eat it. Cheerios are pretty gross after sitting in milk for about 20 minutes.

They had a great summer of swimming lessons....Sarah can swim now. Not super far, but..and she's lost her 2 front teeth. She loved tennis and had a blast sailing. Griffin is right behind her in the swimming department, he loved tennis, but didn't sail.

I had a major klutz moment, walked into the blade of the pole saw (the nasty looking arched blade on the end of a long pole that you use to cut tree branches while standing on the ground) and ripped a hole in the side of my face. Four sutures later, it did heal pretty well, not a very bad scar..but, I did go straight from the ER in Manchester to the lake and went sailing for 2 hours with my friend who was visiting from L.A. There are priorities in life, after all.

I didn't get much sailing done, but Michael had a good season.

Other things I learned...I play croquet AND Trivial Pursuit much better when moderate amounts of alcohol are consumed, by me. Who knew?????

Once I get all unpacked and find my card reader, I'll post pictures.

No comments: