Monday, September 14, 2009

Cats Really Aren't Sewing Helpers

I know I should have a picture to go with this post. I should really have a lot of things in a lot of places, but that's another post for another day. My daughter's dance school is doing the Nutcracker in December. The costumes are gorgeous, which, unfortunately, equals expensive. So, we are sewing many of them to keep the cost down. Sounds good, right? Well, I'm trying to put together a bodice out of muslin, so we can try it on the girls and see how it fits, where it needs to be altered for each girl, etc. Now, I can sew but I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to alterations. I have a cheat sheet somewhere...(see second sentence in this post) so looks like I'm going to learn all about alterations.

However, before I can alter something I have to have it assembled. Enter George, the Unhelper. He shreds patterns...he jumps on the fabric as I'm tracing the pattern onto it, he eats pins, he tries to grab the spool of thread off the sewing machine, he will randomly jump on my back/shoulder/head with no warning whatsoever, just 'cuz he wants to.......so rather than bleed all over the place (he has very sharp claws) and get all frustrated and mess up, I'm calling it quits and will try this again in the morning. Let's face it, cats are nocturnal and with any luck, his "energetic" butt will be sacked out in a window tomorrow morning, or so I hope.

No comments: